Cayin have released their new CS-100A integrated valve amplifier, an update to the very popular A-100T from a couple of years ago.
Chinese manufacturers have come a long way in recent years, delivering some high-quality products at very affordable pricing. Cayin is no exception rating quite highly in the opinion of many audiophiles.
“The CS-100A is a updated version of the popular A-100T we had a couple years ago. This has been totally reworked and now offers on-board Bias meter, can run KT-88 or EL Family tubes (KT-88’s factory standard) offers high power output 80wpc, and uses Silver internal wiring just to name a few features”.
CS-100A offers 80w per channel in Class AB Ultra-linear mode, or 50w per channel in Triode mode.
- 6SN7 voltage amplification stage, 12AU7EH phase invertor and voltage amplification, 12BH7EH voltage amplification and driver stage, KT88 or EL34 output tubes.
- Three pairs of line inputs, one pair of Pre-In and one pair of Sub Output.
- Remote Volume Control
- 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker impedance.
- Triode or ultra-linear mode switches, EL34 or KT88 selection, external bias adjustment with meter monitoring.
- Anodized aluminum front, fully vented chassis with excellent finish.
- Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring.
- Soft-start circuit.
- Premium Parts: Alps volume control, Audio grade capacitors and carbon film resistor, Toroid transformer for power supply, Wide bandwidth EI output transformer, Ceramic tube sockets, etc.
- Power Output: 50W+50W (Triode), 80W+80W (Ultra-linear)
- Frequency Response: 8Hz～75kHz (-3dB)
- THD: 1%(1kHz)
- S/N Ratio: 92dB
- Input Sensitivity: 450mV (Integrated)
- 1300mV (Pre-In)
- Input Impedance: 100kΩ
- Output Impedance: 4Ω, 8Ω
- Inputs: Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Pre-In
- Output: Sub Out
- Vacuum Tubes: 6SN7×1, 12BH7EH×2, 12AU7EH×2, KT88/EL34×8
- W×D×H: 420mm×394mm×200mm
- Net Weight: 30kg
- Power Consumption: 480W