The changing roles of hifi equipment mean that audio systems themselves are changing shape. The increasing number of products with integrated pre-amplifiers mean that many customers are searching for an equally convenient speaker to connect them to. Taking full advantage of Acoustic Energy’s considerable experience in the field of active speakers, the AE1 Active is designed to deliver this convenience without trading performance.
The AE1 Active is a two way standmount speaker with integrated class A/B amplification and fully active filter networks. Featuring Acoustic Energy’s legendary pure piston ceramic aluminium cone technology, the AE1 Active has all the refinement and impact you would expect from the original AE1 housed within a self powered, fully active package. The speakers also feature Acoustic Energy’s proprietary aluminium dome tweeter with our unique WDT waveguide for improved coverage and room integration.
The AE1 Active is equally comfortable in the home or the recording studio. With the added benefit of adjustable bass and treble and a choice of RCA or balanced XLR connections, this speaker blends seamlessly into any listening environment.
● 2×50 watt Linear supply Class A/B amplifiers per speaker
● Active 4th order minimum phase crossover
● Fully analogue architecture
● Adjustable volume control on each speaker
● Proprietary Acoustic Energy aluminium dome tweeter optimised for wide bandwidth and low distortion
● Wide Dispersion Technology (WDT) waveguide for enhanced room integration
● +/- 2dB treble adjustment and +/- 2dB bass cut for precise system integration
Inputs: RCA and balanced XLR input connections
Mains voltage: Switchable 110/240V
Frequency response: 40Hz-25kHz +/-6dB
Safety certification: CE EN55013/20
Grilles: Slim magnetic fit cloth grilles
Dimensions: 300 x 185 x 250mm (HxWxD)
Finishes: Piano Black, Piano White and Piano Cherry real wood veneer finishes