Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier
Full Class-A amplification at all stagesl
Dual mono design for best channel separation and stereol
Quiet operation during power on/off and low residue noisel
NOS 6AK5 military grade tubes for longer stable lifespanl
Extended bandwidth meeting Hi-Res standardl
Optional pre-amplifier output with dedicated terminalsl
High performance at entry level pricel
Watson sets a new standard on cost/performance ratio. Elemental Amps is proudly to present the Elemental Watson, a class-A valve/Mosfet hybrid headphone amplifier. A powerful and delicate sound accompanied by the warmth of valves delivered in a compact chassis
By trimming down on unnecessary luxuries and focusing on core performance, the Watson is able to operate in a dual mono configuration, with a military grade NOS 6AK5 tubes being the center piece of each channel’s gain stage. Not only does this deliver rich harmonics typical of single ended class-A valve amps but also reduces warm up time of the valves significantly whilst extending the life of each valve to operate at their peak performance for more than 1000 hours per channel.
Followed by class-A power MOSFET output stage, it provides almost limitless driving current while preserving the tube’s charming signature. The configuration also guarantees best channel separation (stereo image), easy maintenance and adjustment on individual channel.
The Heart of Sigma, 6AK5 military NOS valve:
Developed by Bell Labs / Western Electric and used extensively as an I.F. amplifier in WWII radar systems, 6AK5 yields excellent high-frequency performance. On the other hand, a poorly designed 6AK5 tends to be unstable.
To combat this we carefully characterize each amp to allow the 6AK5 to deliver a transparent and airy atmosphere rare to find in peer products.
This also makes it easy to find an equivalent replacement at reasonable price for tube rolling.
- Frequency Response 10 Hz – 100 kHz (-3dB)
- 1000 mW + 1000 mW (30 ohm)
- Headphone impedance 30 ohm – 600 ohm
- Power supply 26V/0.8A DC adaptor
- Full Class-A Amplification Dual Mono Design 2W+2W (30 ohm) output customer Wide Bandwidth for Hi-Res Music using two Bell Labs/Western Electric 6AK5 military grade vacuum tubes plus Western Electric triodes.
- Class A Valve/MOSFET hybrid tube desktop headphone amplifier
- Supports 30- 600 Ohm impedance headphones.
- Eliminates any 'Pop' sound when switching power on/off. Thus, no concern for pulse energy damage to your headphones.
- the volume adjustment is adapted to logarithmic curve, to create intuitive volume control for human ears with the use of linear potentiometers.
- Compact and light-weight
- Easy handling size and small footprint.